- Delivery & Returns
- Size Chart
Confused about which rope to buy?
Rooster's Spectwelve™ is a 12 braided 'hollow' rope made from quality UMHwPE fibres before being treated to reduce any stretch or creep to a minimum. The heat treatment also makes this line maintain its shape in cleats, which is an unusual quality in many equivalent Dynema® lines.
Dyneema® is in fact composed of fibers of UHMwPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) or HMPE produced by Dupont. UHMwPE is 15 times stronger than steel and 40% stronger than many aramids of the same weight. This makes it an extraordinary fibre for making racing ropes.
Please note this item is classified as a CUSTOM PRODUCT and hence customers should be aware of the returns policy as found in the current Rooster Terms and Conditions.
|Breaking Load (kg)
About control lines: Spectwelve is not for your hands, but rather is the 'easy spliceable' 12 braid UMHPE to take the huge primary loads in your control systems. For your hands choose from; Polyloc™ for a reassuring, hard wearing, easy cleating control line; Polisprint™ for low friction adjustment; or EasySplice™ if you are looking for a continuous control line solution. AllSpec Pro™ is available if low stretch is required.
- UMHPE fibres
- 12-strand construction
- Treated with specialised marine coating
- Ultra low creep
- Solution-dyed Stealth Fibre® (excellent colourfastness)
- Extreme strength-to-weight ratio15 x stronger than steel
- Hydrophobic fibre (no water absorption)
- Easy to splice
- Resistant to kinking
- Maintains high strength around tight-radius bends
- Exceptional UV and chemical resistance
- Abrasion-resistant coating reduces likelihood of snagging
Dyneema® is a registered trademark of the DSM company.
Delivery & Returns
You can select your preferred delivery option or local pick up from Rooster at checkout.
We are happy to accept your returns so long as you send them back within 90 days. Please see our returns page for more details.
Thank you for being a customer of Rooster, if you have any questions please use our online chat, call or email.
Phone: +1 757 778 9997
- NWNick W.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 month agoSupple, low stretch and long-lasting
I like how supple it is compared to most Dynema alternatives, while still being very low stretch and long-lasting. Makes it great for use for primary lines on controls. I even run it as the secondary line that runs through the cleat for my ILCA outhaul as it cleats well and runs smoother than covered ropes. It lasts and lasts. Can be a little tricky to splice due to softness but with good quality tools it splices very neatly.
- RHRobert H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars1 year agoSpectwelve as main halyard
Not easy to work with but does (eventually) splice. Almost impossible to cut with ordinary scissors or craft knife and doesn’t hold together if cut with a hot knife, however, having said all that it does hold my main up and that’s what’s wanted.
- IBIan B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat.
I wanted Spectwelve and I got Spectwelve. Sweet.
- GYGeorge Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoStrong with great colours
I have used this for the kicker in the 14 as a high load and dynamic rope and it did the trick at 3mm. The thinner line has been great for making set lengths for Cunningham strops, light weight and super strong
- MLMark L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoThe good string
This is a good quality cord as always from Rooster at a competitive price